An opportunity – become an instructor in personal and professional development
Using the Effectiveness Training model, it is possible to rapidly specify changes required to eliminate problems and open up new possibilities for others. Effectiveness Training is recognized as being a part of the forefront for effective change for interpersonal and intra-organizational behaviour patterns.
Learn how to become an instructor in the skills and techniques developed by Dr. Thomas Gordon (1999 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee).
EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING PROGRAMS -Train instructors in their choice of one or more of the following:
- Effectiveness Training for Personal and Professional Development Including the Be Your Best & Effectiveness Training for Women programs – for women as a group, men as a group or mixed groups.
- Teacher Effectiveness Training (T.E.T)
- Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T)
- Youth Effectiveness Training (Y.E.T)
- Peer Mediation (for students & others)
These offer a complete program that will provide the instructor with proven, ready to use, new skills and processes for handling personal and interpersonal aspects of communication, with increased surety, satisfaction and ease.
Both theoretical knowledge and practical skills are taught, leading to a high level of competence in:
- Recognising who owns the problem
- Counselling skills in interviewing
- Conducting effective meetings and family conferences
- Resolving conflicts with integrity
- Problem solving and decision making
- Mediation – third party facilitation
- Dealing with conflicts of values
- Communication processes for interpersonal relationships
- Constructive and appropriate confrontation
- Human relations for classroom, home, office, workplace
- Contracting and goal-setting
- Assertive interactions
- Effective listening skills
- Processes for time management
- Anger management
Who can become an instructor?
This workshop is for – Managers, Supervisors, Training and Development Officers within organizations, Youth Workers, Teachers, Leaders, Counselors, Parents, Community Workers and other professional and lay people interested in leading courses within their organization or community. Qualified instructors may also attend for In-Service training.
At the completion of the workshop, you will have a complete training kit and the training necessary for you to be able to conduct the program of your choice.
Contact ETIA today for further information on how to become and instructor.