Parent Effectiveness Training
We understand that great parenting needs great parent education opportunities. That’s why we are dedicated to this training course as it’s proven to be effective and sustainable. It’s also for children of all ages!
Parent Effectiveness Training is the path to a warmer, fuller relationship with your child – one that will last a life time!
Parents are often blamed but seldom trained. Now parents can enroll in Parent Effectiveness Training (PET) and learn how to raise happy, responsible and cooperative children.
Who do these parent education workshops work for:
- Are you afraid that you may lose touch with your kids?
- Do you feel you could use some help in connecting more deeply with your kids?
- Have you tried or heard about other parenting strategies that don’t seem to make sense?
- Do you have the feeling you are getting nowhere as a parent?
- Are you looking for an alternative to “Do as I say! (autocratic) parenting style… where parenting becomes a battle of wills?
PET skills are equally effective for parents with children of all ages; for step-parents, single parents, foster parents, parents of different ethnic background, and parents with different amounts of formal education.
PET is a preventative program that works for parents of very young children – those who have not yet developed behavioural problems.
PET skills also have proven to be unusually effective in helping older children change undesirable behaviours and overcome problems they’re having at home or at school.
PET is about warmer fuller relationships…
- For those who think that raising wonderful children is more than just control, power and dominance
- The program that encourages the development of self-control and emotional intelligence in children
- The program that encourages you to be the person you are and shows you how to explain who you are, rather than becoming some artificial, abstract role (of mum or dad).
The effects of learning these PET skills last a lifetime… Without a strong relationship with your kids, you fears may come true – that the power to control them will slip away as they grow up.
PET is the original parent-training program, developed by Thomas Gordon in 1960s, and taught only by trained and qualified instructors.
PET will also increase the effectiveness of child care personnel and other professionals.
A Statement of Attainment may be issued subject to satisfaction of assessment criteria and a payment of a small administration fee to ETIA in your state.
- Listen so children will feel understood (ACTIVE LISTENING)
- Talk so children will understand you (I-MESSAGES)
- Set family rules children will follow (RULE SETTING METHOD)
- Resolve conflict so nobody loses (THE WIN-WIN METHOD)
- Avoid blocking communication (COMMUNICATION ROADBLOCKS)
- Deal constructively with values collisions (CONSULTING SKILLS)
Duration: 3 hour sessions offered over a 6-8 week period (24 hours in total).
Class size: 12 to 15 participants.