This workshop teaches you how to become more effective and take responsibility in both your personal and professional life. In addition to the communication skills and conflict resolution methods taught, this course offers training in assertive skills, how to handle anxiety, and how to set goals for becoming more fulfilled.
Be Your Best… a Personal Self Improvement Workshop
In this personal self improvement course you will learn how to…
- Keep others from bullying you or manipulating you.
- Discover why both passive and aggressive behaviour invites intimidation…and learn how to deal with aggressive people.
- Influence people to accept your ideas – and listen to you – more readily.
- Use new skills to build your personal power, and watch as doors are opened in your life.
- Handle conflict with confidence and composure.
- Find out how to stand up for yourself, (even in emotionally charged situations) and enhance your personal and professional credibility.
- Work better with people who are “difficult to get on with”.
- Learn to get along better with different personality “types”.
- Learn how to avoid unnecessary aggravations and gain more support and co-operation.
- Achieve the respect you deserve and attain new levels of responsibility.
- Communicate directly and openly so that people will gain confidence in you.
Duration: 3 hour sessions offered over a 10 week period.
Class size: 10 to 15 participants. As a skills based personal self improvement program, you will practice your learning within your class to gain confidence in using them in your everyday life.