‘Parents are blamed but not trained’ – Thomas Gordon
Parenting is THE MOST important teaching you will ever do. But who’s helping you? Parent Effectiveness Training Australia is a world renown approach to parenting that works for all ages and cultures.
The 5 BIGGEST parenting traps are:
- Shouting and nagging (until the cows come home!)
- Rewarding your children with treats, movies & toys (until your house resembles Disneyland!)
- Handing out impractical and impossible punishment (did I hear you say no TV until you’re 16?)
- Giving in to your children’s demands & whinging (we’ve even there!)
- Not having your needs met & respected (because you matter too!)
Do you feel like your children don’t listen to you?
Do your children rely on you to solve all their problems?
Do you wish your children would show some empathy & consideration for you?
Do your children increasingly shut you out of their lives?
Do you often feel frustrated because you don’t know what to do?
If you answer YES to any of these experiences, then continuing with the way that you currently practice is just going to make things worse. That’s right – worse, especially when your children become teenagers.
Why? Because our everyday parenting styles involve using power. With young children, we have lots of power, but what self-respecting teenager responds to the time-out corner, or to the promise of a biscuit treat?
Parent Effectiveness Training Australia (P.E.T) is the most peaceful, and most effective communication strategy for parents. It is also a set of skills parents need to make long-lasting changes to their children’s behaviour and their own.
What are the benefits to you and your family of doing P.E.T.?
You will learn how to:
- Promote resilience in your children
- Support children to solve their own problems
- Resolve sibling rivalry peacefully
- Deal with tantrums effectively
- Encourage co-operation at home
- Talk to your children so they will listen to you
- Build your children’s empathy towards others
- Build your children’s emotional intelligence
- Avoid being permissive or punitive
- And feel more confident in your parenting!
The P.E.T. course is based on a democratic, parent-and-child centred approach, in which meeting the needs of all family members is important. The parent-child relationship is one of mutual respect, and problem-solving is done using a ‘No-Lose’ method.
Contact us today to find out more about how we can empower you to have the best relationship with your children!
See how P.E.T compares to other parenting courses on